Taoist esoteric yoga is an ancient Chinese internal energy practice used as a way to cleanse and purify the physical, emotional & psychological body. There are easy to learn foundation practices to awaken, generate and circulate Chi in the body through the meridian pathways, clearing stagnation and blockages, leveling emotions, aiding inner healing and creating balance. Meditation (passive qigong/stillness) can be done by anyone, any-time, anywhere. Regular practice can help you:
- Calm the ‘monkey mind’
- Gain inner calm
- Reduce physical tension
- Learn easy methods to relax the mind
- Manage stress in the workplace
- Aid anxiety & depression
- Learn to deal with life’s hiccups smoothly
Meditation at Home – Audio Downloadables
Taoist meditation for the mind and body.
Our meditation classes focus on the foundation practices of Taoist Esoteric Yoga; the Inner Smile meditation is the first of the foundation exercises, once experience of this you can progress onto the microcosmic orbit. Find out more details about each practice below.
Nourish through Breath
- Regulate, lengthen and deepen the breath using effective breathing methods and visualisations based on the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Love and Kindness Meditation
- Focusing the mind and body on love and kindness as a meditation practice.
- ‘Standing like a tree’ is a powerful internal practice where a static posture is held for a period of time. Standing is an important part of Tai Chi and Qi Gong training and should be built up gradually whilst the body adapts, the legs grow stronger and the muscles start to relax.
The Inner Smile Meditation
- This preparatory meditation works as a cleanse of the organs and internal body. Using the human smile as a connection to inner healing for health, happiness and longevity. By focusing our smiling energy into the physical and emotional body we can learn how to enhance positive emotions, lessen excessive negative emotions and cleanse the organs to aid inner Qi flow.
- Steps of the inner smile
- The six healing sounds
The Microcosmic Orbit Meditation
- The next step is the microcosmic orbit meditation. Using the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and the main meridian channels of the body; the conception and governor. Using internal energy Qi, this meditation teaches you to remove blockages and allow Qi to flow in a circuit around the body, organs, brain and central nervous system. Seen as an internal healing practice to restore the body to health, happiness and longevity.
- Steps of the microcosmic orbit
Nicola is a Taoist Healing Therapist, offering group meditation classes, corporate relaxation courses and individual guidance and tuition.
Taoist Healing Therapy
Please note that the Taoist practices are not a replacement for conventional medical treatment. Please seek advice from your GP before commencing any movement or stillness practices.