Laojia Yi Lu Video
The Chen style 74 Tai Chi form is slow movement empty hand form, a powerful internal martial art with slow dynamic movements with a peppering of fajin (energy release) combining silk reeling energy spiralling movements and low stances with deep breathing, mind intent and martial spirit.
- "This isn't your grandmother's Tai Chi" An article by Kate Wingfield.
- The importance of silk reeling energy.
- A visual guide to the principles in Chen Tai Chi from standing practice to movement principles www.brisbanechentaichi.weebly.com
- Nick Gudge’s articles on Chen style Tai Chi.
- Master Wang Hai Jun’s articles on Chen style Tai Chi.
- Grand Master Chen Zhenglei’s articles on Chen style Tai Chi.
- The health benefits of regular and accurate Tai Chi practice.
Sharing with you youtube clip resources of the Chen style Tai Chi long form, Laojia Yi Lu (74 steps) following the forms of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei. Read over the movement names here. We are not affiliated with these videos, these are for student reference only.
Grand Master Chen Zhenglei
Live Online Chen Tai Chi
Instructor Nicola is passionate about sharing Chen style Tai Chi with her students. Following the forms of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei she provides live online private tuition using Skype and/or Facebook video call. The types of live online lessons offered are Chen Tai Chi for previous students/those with experience and Hibernating Bear Tai Chi. Learn authentic healthy movements in your own home and join Nicola's community of students on a journey to improved health and wellbeing.
Nicola helps students progress through the traditional principles of Chen style silk reeling and the empty hand forms, teaching through a hands-on method rather than ‘watch and follow‘. Lessons start with traditional Chen warm up exercises that loosen every major joint in the body. Next a Qigong breathing session, focusing on relaxation, softening the body, lowering the heart rate and slowing the breath. Progressing to ‘Standing Practice’ (Zhan Zhuang), a static Qigong posture as a meditation and stillness exercise. Moving onto Silk Reeling Drills, the signature movement of Chen style and then the main content of her lessons covers the empty hand form.