Instructor John Blue has a great youtube channel, with a friendly and informal style of teaching. I like this video in particular for exploring what makes Tai Chi great.
As John describes:
- “This video explores some of the aspects of qigong & Taiji Quan that makes them incredibly superior forms of physical exercise.
- Bones stack
- Joints rotate fully & together
- Muscles pull together
- Fascia wraps as one
- Breath swells with movement
- Mind-intent guides
- Blood circulates freely
- Stabilizer & mover muscles, & core muscles
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous System balance
- Left & right, top & bottom, front & back, deep & surface (Harmony)”