Coming soon to the town centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight, a drop-in Tai Chi and Qigong classes for all levels and abilities. Suited to the casual learner, there is no need to book, simply turn up on the day. Enjoy an hour of detoxing the body and calming the mind through dynamic relaxed spiralling movements in a friendly community class.
Dates: 3 September to 15 October / 29 October to 17 December 2019.
No Class: 22 October 2019 (half term)
Time: 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Duration: One hour.
Cost: £6 for everyone, drop-in.
These lessons will include:
- Warm ups
- Qigong breathing.
- Zhan Zhaung – Standing / sitting stillness practice.
- Chen Tai Chi foundation movements
- Health Qigong movements
- How to breathe correctly.
- Working with baselines.
- Learning through method not mimic.
- How to truly relax physical and mental tension.
- Working with your posture in a stable range of motion.
- How to have healthy knees.
- How to strengthen the muscles while relaxing.
- The importance of the pelvis and the psoas muscle.
- How to hydrate the joints through movement.
- The meaning of physical symmetry.
- The workings of the relaxation response.
- The mind and body connection.
- Motivation and challenges.
- Fall prevention, balance and grounding.
- How to improve your health naturally.
- How to work through struggle in the learning process.
Payment Method: Cash on the day. Please try to bring the correct change.
Address: Newport Methodist Church, The Main Hall, Quay St, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5BA
Suited to: No experience necessary, beginners welcome. Open to all abilities no matter fitness level or physical restriction.
Ages: Our students range from the age of 18 to 91. Some students will stand and move throughout the class, some will be seated throughout, and others will use chairs when needed. The majority of Tai Chi and Qigong movements can be adapted. Please note some parts of the class syllabus will include walking and stepping movements which are performed standing up.
Instructor: Nicola of Earth Balance Tai Chi.
Contact: 07464 831 109 or through the contact form.
More Details: Visit the Newport community class webpage.
What to expect: Find out more about casual study Tai Chi and Qigong classes here.
FAQ Guide: New student FAQs.