** CLASS CLOSED **
Our community class in Newport on the Isle of Wight closed in March 2020 under goverment mandate, and permanently closed in September 2021. We apologise for the inconvenience. To locate a Tai Chi instructor in the UK visit www.taichiunion.com
Join our community Tai Chi and Qigong class in Newport town centre on the Isle of Wight. Open to all levels and abilities, these classes are for the casual learner, there is no need to book, simply turn up on the day. Enjoy an hour of energising whole body movements, deep breathing and mindful body awareness.
These lessons will include:
- Warm ups
- Qigong breathing.
- Zhan Zhaung – Standing / sitting stillness practice.
- Chen Tai Chi foundation movements
- Health Qigong movements
- How to breathe correctly.
- Working with baselines.
- Learning through method not mimic.
- How to truly relax physical and mental tension.
- Working with your posture in a stable range of motion.
- How to have healthy knees.
- How to strengthen the muscles while relaxing.
- The importance of the pelvis and the psoas muscle.
- How to hydrate the joints through movement.
- The meaning of physical symmetry.
- The workings of the relaxation response.
- The mind and body connection.
- Motivation and challenges.
- Fall prevention, balance and grounding.
- How to improve your health naturally.
- How to work through struggle in the learning process.