Coming soon to the town centre in Newport on the Isle of Wight, a drop-in Tai Chi and Qigong classes for all levels and abilities. Suited to the casual learner, there is no need to book, simply turn up on the day. Enjoy an hour of detoxing the body and calming the mind through dynamic relaxed spiralling movements in a friendly community class. These lessons will cover:
- Warm ups
- Qigong breathing.
- Zhan Zhaung – Standing practice.
- Chen Tai Chi foundations
- Health Qigong movements
- How to breathe correctly.
- Working with baselines.
- Learning through method not mimic.
- Working with your posture in a stable range of motion.
- How to have healthy knees.
- How to strengthen the muscles while relaxing.
- The importance of the pelvis and the psoas muscle.
- How to hydrate the joints through movement.
- The meaning of physical symmetry.
- The workings of the relaxation response.
- The mind and body connection.
- Motivation and challenges.
- Fall prevention, balance and grounding.
- How to improve your health naturally.
- How to work through stuggle in the learning process.
Autumn Dates 2019: From 3 September to 15 October (consecutive 7 weeks). Then ongoing after half term, dates TBA.
Time: 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Duration: One hour.
Cost: £6 for everyone.
Payment Method: Cash on the day. Please try to bring the correct change.
Address: Newport Methodist Church, The Main Hall, Quay St, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5BA
Suited to: No experience necessary, beginners welcome. Open to all abilities no matter fitness level or physical restriction.
Ages: 18 years to 90+. If you are able to stand and move for an hour, you are able to practice and benefit from Tai Chi and Qigong. Our students currently range from the age of 18 to 91. We also can accommodate chair based students as the majority of Tai Chi and Qigong movements can be adapted.
Instructor: Nicola of Earth Balance Tai Chi.
For more details visit the Newport community class webpage.
Find out more about casual study Tai Chi and Qigong classes here.
New student FAQs.