Join our community Tai Chi and Qigong class in Newport town centre on the Isle of Wight. Open to all levels and abilities, these classes are for the casual learner, there is no need to book, simply turn up on the day. Enjoy an hour of energising whole body movements, deep breathing and mindful body awareness.
** PLEASE NOTE FROM TUESDAY 24 MARCH – CLASS SUSPENDED **
** CHANGING TO A LIVE-STREAM **
Winter – Spring Term 2020
Dates: 7 January to 11 February 2020 ( 6 weeks)
Dates: 25 February to 7 April 2020 (7 weeks)
No Class: 18 February 2020 (half term), 14 April 2020 (Easter)
Time: 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Duration: One hour.
Cost: £6 for everyone, drop-in.
These lessons will include:
- Loosening exercises.
- Qigong breathing.
- Standing and/or sitting stillness practice.
- Chen Tai Chi movements.
- Qigong for health movements.
- How to breathe for better health.
- Working with our individual baselines.
- Learning through method not mimic.
- Exercising in a stable range of motion.
- Stabilise and strengthen your knees.
- How to strengthen the muscles while relaxing.
- Aligning the pelvis and releasing the psoas muscle.
- Spinal health through movement.
- How to nourish the joints.
- Fall prevention, balance and grounding.
- The meaning of physical symmetry and training your weak spots.
- The workings of the relaxation response.
- The mind and body connection.
- How to improve your health naturally.
Payment Method: Cash on the day. Please try to bring the correct change.
Address: Newport Methodist Church, The Main Hall, Quay St, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5BA. Click here for a map.
Suited to: No experience necessary, beginners welcome. Open to all abilities no matter fitness level or physical restriction.
Ages: Our students range from the age of 18 to 91. Some students will stand and move throughout the class, some will be seated throughout, and others will use chairs when needed. The majority of Tai Chi and Qigong movements can be adapted. Please note some parts of the class syllabus will include walking and stepping movements which are performed standing up.
Instructor: Nicola of Earth Balance Tai Chi.
Contact: 07464 831 109 or through the contact form.
More Details: Visit the Newport community class webpage.
What to expect: Find out more about casual study Tai Chi and Qigong classes here.
FAQ Guide: New student FAQs.