Tai Chi and Qigong for Casual Students
You can study Tai Chi and Qi Gong with us in two different ways, so before you join a class think about what you are looking for. In my experience as an instructor, most new students are seeking the health and wellbeing benefits that can be gained by practicing Tai Chi and Qigong, of which my casual study classes are designed for. Those who are looking to learn Tai Chi are not looking for or expecting the forms and routines to be a complex system of movement that takes dedication and a life time of study to learn. My classes take the authentic principles movement and make them accessible on a drop-in basis.
What sort of class are you looking for?
- You are looking for a weekly drop-in class.
- You want to join a class that has a more light hearted approach to learning Tai Chi and Qi Gong.
- You like having flexibility to attend when you like without pre-booking.
- You prefer a class that you can dip in and out of, without structured progression.
- You would prefer not to practice outside of class.
- You are happy to be in class with all levels of students.
- Your focus is health, mindful movement and relaxation.
- You would like to learn foundation exercises and basic movements that are easy to learn and repetitive.
- You would like to try out Tai Chi or Qi Gong for a while before starting private tuition.
Casual Class – Newport, Isle of Wight
- Time: Tuesdays from 1.00pm to 2.00pm.
- Dates: From 3 September 2019 ongoing.
- Location: Newport Methodist Church Hall.
What is excluded from this casual class?
- The Tai Chi forms and routines.
- The five elements/four corners short form takes between 8-12 weeks of progressive learning.
- The 18 form takes between 9 months to 1 year of learning.
- The laoji yi lu 74 long form takes approx 3 years of learning.
- The nature of the casual study classes means it is not possible to teach the Chen Tai Chi form on a drop-in basis.
- Formal study is currently only available through private tuition and semi-private tuition on the Isle of Wight.
Casual Class Terms
- Pay as you go £6 per class.
- Please bring the correct change with you on the day.
- No need to book in advance.
- Any amendments to dates/times or last minute cancellation of classes will be updated on this webpage and facebook.