Taoist esoteric yoga is an ancient Chinese internal energy practice used as a way to cleanse and purify the physical, emotional & psychological body. There are easy to learn foundation practices to awaken, generate and circulate Chi in the body through the meridian pathways, clearing stagnation and blockages, leveling emotions, aiding inner healing and creating balance. Meditation (passive qigong/stillness) can be done by anyone, any-time, anywhere. Regular practice can help you:
- Calm the ‘monkey mind’
- Gain inner calm
- Reduce physical tension
- Learn easy methods to relax the mind
- Manage stress in the workplace
- Aid anxiety & depression
- Learn to deal with life’s hiccups smoothly
Distance Learning Meditation Syllabus
Nourish through Breath
- Regulate, lengthen and deepen the breath using effective breathing methods and visualisations based on the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Love and Kindness Meditation
- Focusing the mind and body on love and kindness as a meditation practice.
- ‘Standing like a tree’ is a powerful internal practice where a static posture is held for a period of time. Standing is an important part of Tai Chi and Qi Gong training and should be built up gradually whilst the body adapts, the legs grow stronger and the muscles start to relax.
- The Inner Smile; cleansing the five yang organs of the body through visualisation and deep breathing.
- The Microcosmic Orbit; opening the points of the Ren Mai and Du Mai channels in the body for health, happiness and longevity.
Instructor Nicola will guide you through the foundation stages of these ancient Taoist meditation practices, working with you as an individual at your own pace. Choose a time and date that is convenient to your lifestyle, and take one hour out of your working week to give your mind and body a healing boost.
Using Zoom, Skype or Facebook video call, set yourself up in a space in the home where you will not be disturbed. Bring a chair into this space, wear loose fitting clothes and avoid sitting in a draught or near a window/door. Nicola will talk you through the concept of Taoist Meditation and lead you through each stage whilst you relax and go within the internal body. Leaving you feeling more grounded, relaxed, less stressed and more in touch with positive emotions.