Duration: One hour live online private tuition per week, over a 10 week duration (10 lessons total).
Payments / Tuition Fees: If you would like to be considered for a discounted rate for this 10 week course please contact Nicola. Thank you. To book a one hour class from the Hibernating Bear syllabus, visit this page.
Your Location: We are based in the UK and operate on either GMT or BST time zones. Lessons are available globally.
10 Week Syllabus
- working with health base-lines with grace
- acceptance through the absence of resistance
- the meaning of true physical relaxation
- the stress and relaxation response
- diaphragmatic breathing
- joint expansion and compression
- physical symmetry, posture and alignment in class and daily life
- body awareness
- detoxing through movement
- training with chronic fatigue
- releasing mental tension
- tools to aid anxiety and depression
- the mind and body connection
- movement and stillness for chronic pain management
- compassion training
- how to avoid extremes and train moderately at 60-70-80%
- working with ebb and flow in life
What You Will Learn
- Gentle loosening exercises to warm the body
- Relaxing deep breathing and soft movement techniques to calm the mind
- Standing, sitting and lying down stillness practices
- A variety of Qigong and Tai Chi movements
- How to progressively to build up to a regular exercise routine
N.B. This is not tuition where you will learn a Tai Chi routine or a qigong set. The focus is on the movements, as a way to aid the symptoms of chronic pain.
Suited To: These lessons are open to beginner level students upwards, where no experience is needed. Everyone is welcome from 18 years to 80 plus.
Format: Over Zoom or Facebook video call, your instructor Nicola will guide you through live online private tuition (one to one). The lesson will be a mixture of instructor demonstration, student observation, discussion, practice and correction.
Advance Payment Method: Debit or credit card via Paypal only (you do not need a Paypal account).
Requirements: Highspeed broadband internet connection, web camera, computer microphone, computer speakers. Your webcam must be set up and tested in advance so that your whole body is shown in the video screen with speakers and microphone working.
Bookings: Once you have purchased this product, instructor Nicola will contact you to arrange your lesson time. If you would like to check in advance whether a particular time/date is available, please contact Nicola in advance.
Terms: To cancel the complete 10 week course after your payment has been made, please give 48 hours notice of the first lesson. To reschedule your lesson, please give 24 hours notice. No refunds/changes outside of these time frames.
Legal: We are based in the UK and governed by UK jurisdiction.
As with all medical conditions, injuries and/or ill-health, please consult with your Doctor prior to starting a class. Tai Chi, Qigong and Meditation are not a replacement for conventional medical treatment. All students will be required to complete a medical history form prior to joining a class.