Are you happy with your health? Imagine this scenario; ‘You go to the Doctors surgery for a general check up with a few nagging problems and he offers you a course of tablets that could offer the following health benefits. There aren’t any side effects and the tablets are totally natural, would you take them?’
- Less stress, anxiety and depression
- Increased oxygen intake
- Improved circulation and cardiovascular health
- Lower heart rate, aid hypertension
- Better nutrition absorption, digestion and elimination
- Increase in immune system function
- Better sleep quality
- More energy and less fatigue
- Helps mood and emotions
- Increase bone density
- Gain better balance and coordination
- Help prevent falls
- Increased joint mobility and release of synovial fluid
- Increased efficiency of the cerebro-spinal pump and fluid to the brain
- Improved lymph system drainage and function
- Help improve adrenal and thyroid function
- Increase brain size and helps memory
- Help central nervous system function
- Activate the parasympathetic nervous system (relaxation response)
- Help strengthen the muscles
- Help to release tension from muscles
- Aid relaxation of the psoas muscle
- For balancing hormone function
- Aid menopause
Of course you would. Except, the caveat of taking these ‘pills’ is that you have to make a commitment to yourself to get your body moving frequently if not daily, with diligence, discipline, accuracy and focus.
This list noted above are benefits of the ancient practices of Tai Chi and Qigong. Please note that ‘accuracy’ means you are moving with good posture, correct physical alignment, full diaphragm breathing and mind intent/focus. If you are waving your arms around following a DVD, this is probably more like line dancing NOT traditional Tai Chi or Qigong practice.
Regular Tai Chi and Qigong practice may also help conditions such as EDS, hypermobility joint syndrome, osteoporosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, parkinsons disease, heart failure, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, ME, multiple sclerosis, vestibular disorder, diabetes, ADD and ADHD and stroke survivors.
In our modern world it is easy to become passive regarding our health and wellbeing, looking outside of ourselves for a quick fix, tablet or cure. We are loosing the ability to listen to our bodies and take responsibility for our own health. Take a positive step today towards improved mind and body health; get moving, get focused and work towards maintaining your health, happiness and longevity.
* Please consult your doctor prior to taking part in any physical exercise if you are suffering from any injuries/ illnesses that may affect your ability to exercise.
Instructor Nicola is passionate about sharing qigong with her students. She provides live online private tuition using Skype and/or Facebook video call. Teaching you ancient Taoist movements that will help you towards a regular qigong practice. Your online class is one-to-one private tuition that is set to your pace, style of learning, needs and experience, all from the comfort of your home. Visit the Qigong section in the webstore to book your lesson.
Instructor Nicola is passionate about sharing Chen style Tai Chi with her students. Following the forms of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei she provides live online private tuition using Skype and/or Facebook video call. The types of live online lessons offered are Chen Tai Chi for previous students/those with experience and Hibernating Bear Tai Chi. Nicola helps students progress through the traditional principles of Chen style silk reeling and the empty hand forms, teaching through a hands-on method rather than ‘watch and follow‘.