Before you Join a Class
- It’s not a Quick Fix
- Beginners FAQ guide
- Struggle is Opportunity
- Please understand that Tai Chi and Qi Gong practices can be demanding on the body, even though they may look soft and easy to do when watching DVDs or youtube clips.
Terms of Online Lesson Purchases – Group and Private Tuition
- Online purchases made via the Earth Balance Tai Chi website are in agreement with the terms and conditions noted here.
- If you have any difficulty using our online shopping cart and checkout, please contact us for assistance.
- Your Email Address
- For customers who use a hotmail address, please add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist in advance of ordering from us. Without adding our email to your whitelist this may cause our automated and manual emails to be sent into your junk folder, or they may not reach you at all. It is only hotmail emails that have this error. Thank you.
- Sales for online lessons may be cancelled and refunded outside of 24 hours of the scheduled lesson.
- Any cancellations within 24 hours will not be refunded.
- Cancellations must be received via email.
- Students who miss their class will not be refunded.
- Online Format
- Live online Tai Chi and Qigong tuition with instructor Nicola is for a 1 hour time slot and does not include the provision of any physical or digital products.
- Online private tuition format: Zoom, Skype or Facebook video call.
- Online group tuition format: Zoom.
- Tech Requirements: Highspeed broadband internet connection (wired ethernet), web camera, computer microphone, computer speakers.
- Your webcam must also be set up and tested in advance so that your whole body is shown in the video screen with speakers and microphone working.
- Wifi is not advised.
- Avoid mobile devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for online learning.
- Please ensure you have access to a desktop computer or a laptop with a good screen size for viewing.
- We conduct our online group classes using a wired ethernet fibre internet connection using Zoom web conferencing software.
- No refunds are given for any technical difficulties or loss of connection during the class experienced by an individual.
Payment for Online Purchases
- We take your privacy very seriously and so your connection to this site is encrypted, which is denoted by the padlock icon in the top left corner of your browser. It’s a good idea to always check for this when using websites whilst entering personal information.
- Earth Balance Tai Chi accepts UK and international payments via PayPal only.
- To pay via debit or credit card, it is possible to use Paypal without a Paypal account, as a guest user.
- Please note we are not in a position to neither discuss your medical history, nor comment on any on-going medical issues, injuries, complaints or conditions you may have.
- Our instruction provides guidance with posture, movement and deep breathing according to the principles of Tai Chi and Qigong.
- Before joining a class all students must advise of any limitations or pre-existing conditions that may prevent them from engaging safely in Tai Chi and Qigong on the medical history form provided via email.
- The medical history form must be emailed to your instructor before commencing a lesson. This information will be held as confidential and is for insurance purposes only.
- Earth Balance Tai Chi fully understands it’s obligations to ensure that personal information is treated fairly, lawfully and correctly, and is committed to achieving compliance with the laws of General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
- Please visit our online resources for general health and wellbeing benefits of these practices.
- Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Meditation are not a replacement for conventional medical treatment. Please refer to your GP with any medical questions you may have before or during your classes with us.