“Where Movement Follows Nature”
Hello and welcome to Earth Balance Tai Chi, school of internal martial arts, qi gong and Taoist meditation. From October 2010 to December 2015, instructor Nicola taught Chen tai chi, health qigong and taoist meditation in Dublin, Ireland and in Horsham, Crawley and Worthing in West Sussex, and Brighton in East Sussex.
- Chen Style Tai Chi – Master Wang Hai Jun of Chen Taiji Academy, UK.
- Health Qi Gong – The Chinese Health Qigong Association.
- Qi Gong for Women – Tina Chunna Zhang of Wu Tang PCA, NYC.
- Phoenix Alchemy Qigong – Master Joe Lok of Natural Energy Academy, Hong Kong.
- Taoist Meditation – The Inner Smile and Microcosmic Orbit.
Nicola has been a student since 2006 and teaching Tai Chi and Qigong since 2010. Her intensity for study, practice and development comes through in her lessons. She brings a natural talent for teaching to her classes, passing on information in a clear and easy to understand way. Her teaching style encourages the student to learn through method rather than ‘watch and follow’. She places the student experience as the priority, ensuring every learner is attended to, monitored and given guidance. Her classes are informal, questions, mistakes and laughter are encouraged. Read over Nicola’s student testimonials here.
Nicola lives with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and is one of the reasons she became an instructor. This gives her a unique and personal understanding of chronic and degenerative health issues. Read more about her story here.
Her own training has been in Southern Wu Short Form, Old Yang Long Form, Bagua, Chen 11 Form, Chen 18 Form, Chen Laojia Yi Lu, Chen Double Fan, Chen Laojia Er Lu and Chen Sabre. Her Qi Gong training has been in 5 Animal Frolics, 8 Pieces of Brocade, Hun Yuan Chi Gung, Earth Qi Gong for Women, Phoenix Alchemy Qigong, Yi Jin Jing and Eight Energy Circle Walking. She regularly attend classes, workshops and private lessons from Tai Chi peers, elders and masters and continues to learn as a student.
Master Joe Lok of Natural Energy Academy, Hong Kong.
- Trained with Joe from May 2014 – 2016.
- ‘Phoenix in Graceful Clouds of Blessing’ Daoist Qigong embraces Dragon Gate Alchemy and Wudang Sanfeng Natural Daoist Art.
- The Phoenix set embraces energy to circulate the meridians in the body according to Chinese medical heritage.
Master Wang Hai Jun of ChenTaiji Academy, UK
- Trained with Master Wang Hai Jun from 2013 – 2016.
- Foundation level instructor teaching Silk Reeling, Chen 18 Form and Chen Laojia Yi Lu (74 Form) dated March 2014.
- Master Wang Hai Jun is an official 12th generation lineage holder of Chen Style Taiji.
- From the age of eleven he lived and trained with Grand Master Chen Zhenglei in Chen Jia Gou (Chen Village, Henan Province, China).
- View over a short film of Master Wang Hai Jun to celebrate World Tai Chi Qigong Day 2015.
Sifu Tina Chunna Zhang of Earth Qi Gong for Women, New York, USA
- Training with Tina Chunna Zhang since June 2010.
- Earth qi gong for women instructor dated May 2011.
- Focusing on the unique female anatomy and medical qigong movements.
Master Faye Yip of British Health Qigong Association, UK
- 8 Pieces of Brocade Qigong instructor dated April 2014.
- British Health Qigong Association (Chinese Health Qigong Association).
Master Liming Yue of the Tai Chi Centre, UK
- Trained with Master Liming Yue from 2010 – 2013.
- Level 1 and level 2 Chen Tai Chi instructor dated 2010 – 2013.
- 8 Pieces of Brocade and 5 Animals Health Qigong instructor dated 2010 – 2013 (Chinese Health Qigong Association).
College of Management Science, London, UK
- Taoist Meditation Instructor, Distinction Grade
- Cherry Collins, Surrey and Hants Tai Chi
- My Chen Tai Chi mentor, peer and instructor. Since moving back to the UK I have been lucky enough to be taught by her regularly both in public classes, workshops and private tuition. I remain inspired by her commitment and passion of Chen style Tai Chi. I am also grateful of Cherry for introducing me to Master Wang Hai Jun.
- Mat Ward, Inner Harmony School
- My training partner, who I met at a Bagua workshop and have been cross training with since, sharing and exploring Tai Chi and Qigong. Mat is from the Cheng Man Ching lineage and has a vast mind of knowledge and experience in martial arts, I feel lucky to experience his teachings.
- Alda Gomez, House of Movement
- Alda and I met as students learning Yang and Wu Tai Chi. We embarked on teaching training together in Wu style before both our journeys evolved and centred around Chen style Tai Chi and Health Qigong. We spent many many hours training together and I feel blessed to have started this journey with her.
- As of 2016 Nicola has 12 years experience teaching within adult education.
- Instructor membership with the Tai Chi Union in the UK – Dated 2011 – 2016.
- Full professional and public liability insurance – Dated 2010 – 2016.
- Enhanced CRB / DBS Checked – Dated 2015.
- Member of Awakening Dragon Taoism – From 2013 to date.
- 3 month course with a Senior Citizens Club, 2010/2011
- 4 month programme with Rehab Care, HOPS Centre, 2011
- Weekly classes with Total Physio Studios in Horsham, October 2012 to April 2013.
- Introduction to Tai Chi Workshop for Adults with Special Needs with Cavendish Care in Ifield, Crawley – January 2014.
- Get Active Programme (Weight Management) in Horsham, run by Horsham Wellbeing Hub, part of Horsham District Council – January – February, March, May – July 2014.
- EDF Energy – 6 week meditation course in Crawley, June- July 2014.
- Horsham Heathers & Crawley Chrysalis Breast Cancer Support Group, May-July 2012
- Horsham Heathers & Crawley Chrysalis Breast Cancer Support Group, June-July 2013
- Horsham Parkinson’s Support Group, July-August 2014
- Horsham Fibromyalgia Support Group, January 2012.
- Horsham Heathers & Crawley Chrysalis Breast Cancer Support Group, March 2012.
- Horsham Heart Failure Support Group, June 2012.
- Horsham Holistic Mind, Body, Health Group, October 2012.
- St Catherine’s Hospice, Crawley, June 2015.